The goal of the Civic Engagement Program is to give citizens the opportunity to educate themselves on the structure and policy issues of the City by shadowing and potentially serving on Boards, Commissions, and Committees.
For more information on how to join, contact:
- ATTEND A MONTHLY CIVIC ENGAGEMENT PROGRAM MEETING
- Learn about the City’s volunteer advisory Boards, Commissions and Committees
- Discover how you can apply to serve
- Meet elected officials
- Hear from people involved in the Civic Engagement Program that found success serving the City of Colorado Springs
- Opportunity to take the El Pomar Foundation ELDP Board Governance Training
- IDENTIFY BOARDS THAT INTEREST YOU
- Research boards, commissions or committees that align with your professional background or general interests
- Attend the board meetings to learn more about how they serve the community
- Report back to the Civic Engagement Program with what you learned
- APPLY AND INTERVIEW
- Fill out an application at: www.coloradosprings.gov/boards
- If you’re a potential fit, you’ll be interviewed for an opening. Good luck!
2021 Civic Engagement Meeting Schedule:
Unless otherwise noted, all meetings take place in the Pikes Peak Conference Room at City Hall located at 107 N. Nevada - Suite 200.
- Thursday, June 3—5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, July 1—5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 5—5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 2—5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, October 7—5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, November 4—5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, December 2—5:30-6:30 p.m.